Thursday, December 17, 2020

Overcoming

Scripture:

 “And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.”  ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Just prior to this verse it says that the accuser of the brethren had been thrown down to earth.  It says he was the one who constantly accused the saints before this point.  When he was thrown down, those on earth defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and their testimony.  They were not afraid to die.  

Application:

If we want to defeat the accuser of the brethren, we must do it by the blood of Jesus.  The blood is powerful and is the only thing we can stand on.   Our own good works are not strong enough to defeat the enemy, but the blood of Christ is all-powerful.  Secondly, he is defeated by our testimony.  We need to share our testimony as often as possible.  When we testify about what God has done, faith is increased and the enemy is defeated.  Lastly, we must not be afraid to die.  Fear destroys too many Christians.  We have nothing to fear.  If we die, we go to a much better place.  Fear of death must lose its hold on us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to overcome the enemy every day.  Teach me to apply the blood of Christ and share my testimony.  Teach me to live a fearless life.  Fill me with Your Spirit and let me shine for You today.  Baptize me fresh in Your Spirit and fire.  Let my life be used for Your glory.  I offer myself to You.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment