Tuesday, December 22, 2020

YET

 Scripture:

“Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!”  ‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭3:17-18‬ ‭NLT

Observation:

Habakkuk made the right determination when he heard about what the LORD was about to do to‬‬ his people and the nations.  God was sending the Babylonians to punish the nations for their disobedience to Him.  When Habakkuk heard what was coming in the form of judgment, his determination was that even when all these terrible things happen, YET, he would rejoice and be joyful in the God of his salvation.  

Application:

When things are going bad all around us, we still have a choice in how we will respond to it.  Even when we see things drying up all around us and nothing going right, we can still rejoice and be joyful.  YET, means that when things are going bad all around, we can still choose to rejoice and be filled with joy.  We are not to be controlled by our emotions, our surroundings, or our situations.  We are to be controlled by the Holy Spirit, who gives joy to his people.

Prayer:

Father, let me be conduit of Your joy and peace today.  Help me to rejoice as You would want me to.  No matter what happens around me, let me always be filled with joy.  Let Your joy consume my life.  Let me not be controlled by anything but You.  When things are not going well, I want to remain in joy.  Help me to live this way in Your Name.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment