Monday, December 28, 2020

Ask for Rain

 Scripture:

“Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, for he makes the storm clouds. And he will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture.”  ‭Zechariah‬ ‭10:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zechariah tells us to ask the LORD for rain in the spring because He makes the storm clouds.  He sends the rain and is in control of the heavens.  He can make anything a lush pasture.  

Application:

There are some areas of my life that I seldom take to God.  I know He is my provider, but I seldom ask Him for much.  He has the ability to bless and prosper my life, but I seldom ask Him for things that benefit me.  Asking for rain in the spring to a farmer is the same as asking God to bless us financially.  I need to begin asking God for His financial blessings in my life.  He has all powerful and ability to provide what we need.

Prayer:

Father, bless my life and take care of my family financially.  I want to be debt free and be able to purchase a home that will allow Cheryl’s mom to live with us.  At the same time, I don’t want to be so tight financially that we can’t do anything or go anywhere.  Help me to make wise decisions while you bless us financially.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment