Saturday, December 5, 2020

Perfect Love Expels All Fear

Scripture:

“Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.”  ‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

I John speaks much of love and loving one another.  John tells us that GOD IS LOVE.  Therefore, if we say we are in Christ and God is in us, we should love one another.  If God is love and God is us, then fear cannot operate in our lives.  When God’s love is perfected in us, fear must leave.  Fear must be expelled from our lives and we the only way to do this is to understand God’s incredible love for us.

Application:

Fear is very real in our world today.  With the signs of the end times all around us, it is easy to walk in fear.  Even Jesus said that in these says men’s hearts would fail them for fear.  Even though Jesus spoke it, we don’t have to walk in it.  Even in fearful times, perfect love still expels fear.  I want to be so full of God’s love that fear has no part in me.  I want to walk by faith and not be controlled by fear.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let Your love fill my life.  Let Your goodness and grace consume me.  Help me to walk with You and love like You love.  Let my love expel all fear and help me to be fearless.  I want to serve You fully and not be afraid of anything that could come my way.  Let my love increase and my fears decrease.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment