Friday, December 18, 2020

Endure Persecution

Scripture:

 “This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.”  ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

John the Revelator tells us here, in the middle of describing terrible judgements coming on the earth, that we must endure persecution patiently, obey God’s commands, and maintain our faith in Christ.  Our job isn’t to fix things that are going wrong at this point, but to endure, obey and maintain our faith.

Application:

As it becomes more and more clear that we are living in the Last Days, we must focus on what we were told in the book of Revelation.  We must focus on enduring, obeying and maintaining our faith.  God will give us the strength we need as we continue to pursue the right things.  Rather than overthrow, fight with all our might, etc. we are told to endure patiently.  Our goal is to maintain our walk with the Lord no matter what comes on the earth.

Prayer:

Father, help me to endure, obey and maintain my faith.  Teach me to walk with You in the difficult times we live in.  Show me exactly what I’m to do each and every day.  Let my life bring You honor in my generation.  Help me to demonstrate to others what it means to walk with You well.  Let my life count for You and Your kingdom, that’s what I live for.  Help me to fulfill everything You have planned for my life.

I am YOURS,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment