Monday, December 21, 2020

Those Who Trust Him Get Close

 Scripture:

“The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.”  ‭‭Nahum‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In the midst of Nahum describing how terrible the vengeance of the LORD is towards His enemies, he describes how good God is.  He says that the LORD is a strong refuge, or place of safety when trouble comes.  He goes on to tell us that God is close to those who trust in Him.  In other words, God can be your best friend or He can be your worst enemy.  

Application:

I have found in my life that God is the best friend you could ever have.  He is amazing and thrives on blessing His children.  As we draw near to Him, He draws near to us.  He is always close to those who trust, rely, and look to Him for direction, provision and details.  He is a strong refuge we can trust to keep us safe then trouble comes.  I want to draw closer and closer to the LORD during these troubled times we live in.

Prayer:

Father, continue to work in my life to bring me closer to You.  I want to walk with You and talk with You as friend with friend.  You are my everything and I will serve You all the days of my life.  I belong to You.  Let nothing separate me from Your incredible love.  Let me walk with You in a deeper way and know You more each day.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment