Friday, December 4, 2020

Simple Faith

 Scripture:

“And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.”  ‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

John has a unique way of simplifying everything about Christ in the book of First John.  In this verse, he tells us that Christ’s command is simply to believe and love.  We are told here to believe in the name of Jesus Christ and love one another.  These are the two most important items in the Gospel.  Simple faith is summed up in “Believe and love.”

Application:

Theologians take simple truths and make them much deeper than they really are.  I don’t believe God wanted to hide Himself or make things hard to understand.  God keeps things simple.  He wants us to believe in Christ and love one another.  That’s the heart of Christ’s teachings and John’s teaching.  We must demonstrate to the world what it means to believe and love one another.  

Prayer:

Father, let my life reveal to the world what belief and love look like.  Help me to exemplify a true walk with You and true faith to those around me.  Enable me to walk in simple truth and love people that way You do.  Teach me to live a life that demonstrates Your power and love flowing through a person to so Your will in the earth.  Let my life count for You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment