Tuesday, December 8, 2020

The Worst Punishment

 Scripture:

“People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from border to border searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it.”  ‭‭Amos‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Amos was sent to deliver a message to God’s people who had strayed away from Him.  He was to tell them of the coming disaster if they didn’t repent and turn back to God.  He prophesied some really terrible things to God’s people and then closed that section with this verse above.  It was like the ultimate devastation was people looking for a word from the Lord and not being able to find it.  He equated not hearing the word of the Lord with the worst punishments possible.

Application:

We are blessed when we hear the word of the Lord and we should never take that for granted.  Not long after Amos prophesied this, there was 400 years of silence where there was no prophetic word from the Lord to Israel.  The heavens were closed from prophetic revaluation and his prophecy came true.  We need to take seriously the word of the Lord and seek it out more and more in our days.  We must pursue the Lord and hear His words ringing in our hearts at this hour.

Prayer:

Father, I want to hear Your words for my life daily.  I want to hear Your words for the church I lead.  I want to hear Your words for the nation I live in.  Help me to seek you more and more.  I want to know Your thoughts, your will, and Your desires.  I want to know You and Your voice more intimately.  Help me to know You better and better.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment