Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Humility and Righteousness

 Scripture:

“Seek the Lord, all who are humble, and follow his commands. Seek to do what is right and to live humbly. Perhaps even yet the Lord will protect you— protect you from his anger on that day of destruction.”  ‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zephaniah, at this point, has been prophesying the destruction of pretty much everything and everyone.  God was fed up with idolatry in every nation and was ready to strike them down like in Noah’s day.  Zephaniah tells the people to seek the LORD.  He tells them to follow His commands.  He goes a little farther to tell them to seek to do what is right and live humbly.

Application:

Humility is a quality that the LORD loves.  He is attracted to humility because the humble realize they can’t help themselves and need Him.  The proud feel they can live without Him and God hates that.  Doing what is right and living humbly are huge in God’s eyes.  These are the qualities God blesses and prospers.  I want to live a life of humility and do what is right, even when the whole world seems to be going the other direction.  

Prayer:

Father, my hope is in You.  I need You in my life every day.  I don’t want to face a single moment without Your presence guiding me and directing me.  Thank You for blessing my life and ministry.  You are amazing.  Thank You for helping us financially to get the Gospel around the world this year and do more for Your kingdom.  I amazed at Your goodness.  Pour out Your Spirit in 2021 as we do our best to proclaim Your Kingdom to the ends of the earth.

Your Son and Friend,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment