Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Worship in Heaven

 Scripture:

“They sang, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.””  ‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

For many years I have been fascinated with the worship of heaven recorded in the book of Revelation.  It is so pure and focused in it’s language.  It is totally focused on God and not on how God makes me feel.  It speaks of the attributes of God and what He deserves.  John understood what worship really is and gave us a glimpse of what it will be like in heaven.

Application:

I want to worship on earth like I will in heaven one day.  I want my worship not to be focused on me and how I feel, but on the awesomeness of God.  I long to sing songs that attribute to Him the glory due His name.  Worship in heaven also is not increased or decreased based on how people feel, but on who God is.  I want to worship every day, good days and bad days.  I want my worship not to be based on my feelings or emotions, but on who God is.

Prayer:

Father, let me bring You worship that blesses Your heart.  Help me not to be controlled by my feelings and emotions, but by who You are.  Let me know You more so I can worship You better.  Help me to worship You based on what You deserve and not what I feel or don’t feel.  Help me to worship You in purity and with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment