Friday, December 11, 2020

God’s Heart for the Lost

Scripture:

“But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?””  Jonah‬ ‭4:11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jonah had gone to Nineveh, against his own will, because God sent him there to warn the people of God’s judgment coming upon them.  He eventually obeyed the Lord and then got mad because they repented and God relented from destroying them because of their contrition.  God gave Job an illustration and showed him that he had no right to be upset about what God had done.  The Lord closed with saying, “Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?”   God loves lost people.

Application:

We should love lost people as much as the Lord loves them.  They should not feel our anger at what they are doing, but our compassion because they don’t know Christ.  There is a world living in spiritual darkness, and we are to be the light of the world.  God feels sorry for them, we should too.  God loves them, we should too.  

Prayer:

Father, let me love lost people as much as You do.  Help me not to see the things they do, but to understand they are spiritually blind and just need their blinders removed.  Let me feel sorry for the lost people around me.  Give me compassion for those who are spiritually lost.  Let my life help bring many lost people to Christ.  Let me have Your heart.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment