Saturday, December 26, 2020

Start the Work

 Scripture:

“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.” (The seven lamps represent the eyes of the Lord that search all around the world.)”  Zechariah‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God speaks here to Zerubbabel And tells him not to despise the small beginnings of rebuilding.  It says God rejoices to see the work “begin” and to see the plumb line in his hand.  A plumb line is used at the beginning of a construction project to make sure the project is square and level.  Once the walls are erected, there is no need for a plumb line.  The observation here is that God rejoices when He sees His people start things.

Application:

God is pleased and rejoices when His people start things for Him.  The end of the verse talks about his searching eyes.  His eyes search for those with a loyal heart and also for those who will start things for Him.  Sometimes we feel like God wants us to do something, but we fail to start because we don’t have sufficient supplies or resources.  Sometimes the failure is not in doing something, but in starting something.  It takes faith to start something new and God rejoices when He sees faith operating in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be one who starts things for You.  When You put something on my heart, let me not stop the work by not starting the work.  Then help me to finish strong the things I start for you.  I want to do “everything” You ask of me in my lifetime and leave no project unstated.  Help me to be a starter and a finisher of all You put in my heart.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment