Saturday, January 2, 2021

Do What is Right

 Scripture:

“If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.””  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Cain and Abel had brought offerings to the Lord.  God accepted Abel’s offering, but did not accept Cain’s offering.  Cain got mad at Abel and the Lord spoke to him and told him if he did what was right he would be accepted, but not doing right allows sin to crouch at the door.  God continues to tell him that sin desire to have him, but he must rule over sin.  From this passage we see that not doing what is right allows sin to conquer our lives.  We must rule over sin instead of allowing sin to rule over us.

Application:

We must always see that sin is crouching at the door of all of our lives and that we must rule over it.  Sin is not to be played with, it will cost us much more than it is worth.  We need to put up roadblocks on the path to sin that will keep us on the right path.  Doing what is right gives us power over sin.  We must continue to do the things that are right and not what pleases our flesh.  

Prayer:

Father, let me live a life that pleases You.  Help me to do the right things all the time.  Empower me to live a life that bring You honor and praise.  Let the power of sin be broken and let me choose to do right things consistently throughout my days.  When I mess up in any area, show me and empower me to respond with repentance and change.  I want to live a life that pleases You above all else.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment