Friday, January 8, 2021

Moving Forward

 Scripture:

“If the woman is unwilling to come back with you, then you will be released from this oath of mine. Only do not take my son back there.””  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭24:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Abraham had sent his servant back to his people to get a wife for his son Isaac.  He didn’t want his son to marry a woman from his new area, but one who was from the same area he had been from.  When he sent the servant, he told him, “do not take my son back there.”  He wanted to make sure his son would not go backward, but would continue to fulfill the promises of God for their lives.

Application:

Sometimes it is easier to move backward than forward.  As I get older, I remember the good old days and love to reflect back to what God has done in my life, but there is still life to be lived.  Once we advance in some area of our lives, we should not return to the old ways.  Going back is never best.  Moving forward, following the cloud and the fire, is the best way to live.  I don’t want to spend my time looking backward, but moving forward.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to always be a person who continually moves forward.  When battles are won, I don’t want to retreat.  I want to live from glory to glory.  I want to move closer and closer to Your heart and never get satisfied.  Help me not to look backward for too long, but to continue to move forward throughout my life, doing Your will to the ends of the earth.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment