Monday, January 18, 2021

God Communicates Through Dreams

 Scripture:

“And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route. When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.””  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭2:12-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

 Observation:

In the story of Christ’s birth, and many other stories in the Bible, God spoke to people through dreams.  In these two consecutive verses, God warned the Magi went home another direction and then Joseph was told to take Jesus to Egypt for protection.  I realize this is during a very critical and important time in world history where each step was crucial, but God does speak through dreams to His people and to get things done.

Application:

Today is Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday.  He is most known for his speech, “I have a dream”.  I don’t believe his dream was God speaking to Him in the night, but a vision of a better future.  There are times when I have had spiritual dreams and then time when I have not.  I love when God communicates through dreams and I want Him to do that more often in my life.  I fully believe dreams were pretty common in Scripture and I want them to be mor a part of my life today.

Prayer:

Father, speak to me in my sleep.  When I put my head on the pillow, open my eyes to see You and to hear from You.  Show me things to come and next steps for my life.  I desire to hear from You clearly through every means possible.  I want to live a life that pleases and honors You and that does Your will.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment