Saturday, January 30, 2021

God Takes Care of His People

 Scripture:

“And the next day the Lord did it: All the livestock of the Egyptians died, but not one animal belonging to the Israelites died. Pharaoh investigated and found that not even one of the animals of the Israelites had died. Yet his heart was unyielding and he would not let the people go.”  ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭9:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The plagues were coming on Egypt in great fashion.  The Lord was letting Pharaoh know who was more powerful.  Pharaoh continued to harden his heart toward the Lord and His people and the plagues kept on coming.  On this occasion, all the cattle of Egypt died, but not one animal of the Israelites died.  God’s curse affected the entire nation, except His people.  Even in plagues of judgment, God takes care of His people.

Application:

Even in the midst of judgment, God takes care of His people.  When the whole nation is affected by things, God’s people don’t have to be affected by it.  God can bless His people, regardless of what is going on around them.  I’m reminded this morning that during 10 months of COVID 19, I have dedicated probably eight new homes for people from our church.  In the midst of a difficult time for our country, our people have prospered.  I need to walk more confident in the goodness of God, no matter what the government, society, etc. does.  He is good!!!

Prayer:

Father, thank you for reminding me of Your faithfulness this morning.  You are amazing and I love You with all my heart.  Help me to walk in Your love and power every day.  Teach me to live a life of faith, knowing that You will take care of me in every and any situation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment