Thursday, January 21, 2021

Judged by our Words

 Scripture:

“But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.””  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:36-37‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

Jesus is speaking here and tells us that we will give account on the day of judgment for every empty word.  We will be acquitted or condemned by the words we speak.  Jesus also told us that words are the product of what is in our heart.  When our heart is right, our words will be right.  This verse should cause us to seriously evaluate the words we speak.

Application:

Jesus only said what He heard the Father saying.  We would be wise to do the same.  Words are powerful in people’s lives and in our own lives.  We will live up to what we speak.  The power of death and life are in our tongues and we need to be cautious how we speak.  We will be acquitted or condemned by our own words, therefore, we must learn to bridle our tongues.  I need to be cautious about the words I speak, they are life and death, and I will be judged by them.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to speak what You are speaking and not throw around empty words that are useless.  Help me to know what to speak and when to speak it.  Teach me to have, not only a pure heart, but a pure mouth.  Let my mouth be used for Your purposes in the earth.  Let my heart be pure and let that purity flow out of my mouth.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment