Monday, January 25, 2021

Living Ready

 Scripture:

“So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:44‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Jesus is talking about the last days and what to expect.  His disciples wanted to know when and how He was going to establish His rule and reign.  They wanted dates, Jesus gave them seasons.  He told them they must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you don’t expect Him.  If you know when He is coming you can prepare for it.  If you don’t know when He’s coming, you must live prepared.

Application:

Lately, I find myself looking up at the sky a lot on my morning prayer walks.  I am expecting His soon return.  As believers, we are to see the signs around us and begin to live ready at all times to hear the trumpet blast.  We don’t want to be like the five virgins who had to go buy oil and when they came back, everyone was gone.  Living ready means staying in close touch with the Lord.  It means staying in His word and spending time with Him in prayer.  Living ready means doing everything possible to preposterous others as well and get them ready for the coming of the Lord.

Prayer:

God Almighty, the world seems to be preparing itself for the second coming of Christ.  The conditions I see in this chapter seem to be happening all around us.  Empower me to live ready at all times and to help as many as possible to be ready for the coming of the Lord.  Teach me to live in steady and constant contact, preparation, and let my lamp be full of oil at all times as I see Your day approaching.  Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment