Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Lord Appeared

 Scripture:

“The Lord appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live.”  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭26:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Verses like this one grab my attention.  It says, “The Lord appeared to Isaac and said...”.  God is a personal God who will speak to His people.  It says the Lord “appeared” to Isaac.  He revealed Himself to His servants in the Old Testament.  I realize they needed it because they were coming to a God who they had never met and He needed to make sure they did things right in the beginning.

Application:

The reality is, I get jealous when I read verses like this.  I want the Lord to appear to me and speak as friend with friend.   I desire to have personal encounters with God.  I long to be in His presence and to experience Him in greater ways.  He appeared to them when they were not even pursuing Him.  I am pursuing Him and want Him to appear and speak clearly to me.  I want to know “thus says the Lord” in a real, pure and powerful way.

Prayer:

God, I will serve You every day of my life.  I am Yours.  I am jealous of those who You appear to because I want to know You more deeply and hear Your voice more clearly.  Show me the path to Your presence.  As so many of Your people in the Bible had personal encounters with You, I want to know You like that.  Thank You for the incredible times of encountering You in my past.  Thank You for the times You have shown me things, but I want more and more each day.  Open my ears and open my eyes.  I want to know You more and more.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment