Saturday, January 23, 2021

Miraculous Provision

 Scripture:

““But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.””  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭17:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The disciples told Jesus they were being questioned about whether their master paid taxes or not.  Apparently it was causing some problems.  Jesus tells them, “so that we may not cause offense, go...”. He didn’t want to cause offense.  He then tells His disciples to go fish and the first fish will have a coin in its mouth.  Go pay my taxes and yours.  He miraculously provided taxes for his followers to stop any offense from happening.

Application:

If Jesus could multiply loaves and fish to feed thousands and bring tax coins from the mouths of fish, He can surely take care of my needs.  God has always been faithful to me throughout my life.  He has provided over and over again.  At the same time, I want to see more miraculous provision in my life.  I am believing for a church building that costs a huge amount of money, but I also know God can change that in a second.  I want a miraculous provision testimony about our church building.

Prayer:

Father, You can put coins in the mouths of fish and feed thousands with fragments.  I ask You today to provide for Word of Life our own building so we don’t have to pay these terrible rent payments.  You are the God of miracles and I ask You for financial miracles to manifest in my life and ministry.  Increase my faith in this area.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment