Friday, January 15, 2021

It Was God

 Scripture:

““So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt.”  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭45:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Joseph’s brothers had sold him into Egyptian slavery and told his father he had been eaten by wild animals.  They never expected to see him again.  When they needed provision, they came to Egypt looking for food and found their brother as ruler of the strongest nation on earth.  When Joseph revealed himself to them, he told them that it wasn’t them that sent him to Egypt, but God.  Joseph realized that it was God who took him out of the pit, out of Potipher’s house and out of the prison.  

Application:

Sometimes, God has to allow bad situations in our lives to get us where we need to be.  There will be times when you feel like everything is going wrong and that it hasn’t been good for a long time, but God is always working to bring good out of bad.  He turns things around for His people, but sometimes has to let them go through some difficult times to get them where He needed them in order to bless them.  Sometimes, when we are rebuking the devil for our bad situations, it may be God setting us up for something greater.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to know when You are positioning me and when the enemy is fighting me.  I feel like in these days we need discernment more than ever before.  Open my ears to hear You and my eyes to see You.  Help me to have a right attitude like Joseph did while I go through things here on this earth.  Teach me to trust You day by day, when I haven’t seen the answer to my prayers yet.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment