Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Last Days Living

 Scripture:

““But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut... “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.”  Matthew‬ ‭25:10, 13‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

Jesus told the story here about a bridegroom coming for his bride.  When he came, the women were suppose to be ready for his coming and go with him to the wedding ceremony.  When the bridegroom arrived, half of the young women we not prepared and had no oil in their lamps.  They were left behind while they tried to go buy oil.

Application:

Jesus is the bridegroom and we are His bride.  When He returns, we need to be expecting Him and prepared for His return.  He never told us the day or the hour He would return, but He did give us signs that His coming was soon.  According to those signs, we are very close and now, more than ever, we need to live ready for His return.  We prepare for wedding day by cleansing our garments and Revelation tells us our white robes, or wedding apparel, is the righteous acts of the saints.  As wedding day approaches, the bride and groom talk more and more as they make preparations.  We should be focusing on our relationship with our bridegroom and be spending more time with Him while we wait.  We should also be living pure, holy, Christ-centered lives.

Prayer:

Dear Bridegroom, I want to know You more and more.  I look with great anticipation to our wedding day. Help me to live ready for Your return.  Help me to stay pure before You at all times and never to allow wrong things into my life.  Teach me to walk in constant communion with You.  Empower me to do all that You have prepared for me to do.  I believe Your coming is soon and I want to live a life that honors my bridegroom.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment