Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Treasure in Heaven

 Scripture:

“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:20-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus says some really powerful words about the treasures of our lives in this passage.  He tells us to store up treasures in heaven and not on earth.  In heaven He says nothing will be able to corrupt it of destroy it, inferring that the things of this earth will fade and be destroyed in time, but the things in heaven never fade.  He adds the statement that where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  In others words your heart follows what you treasure.

Application:

We don’t live like any other people.  Our hopes and plans are not for this world, but for heaven.  We are to store up treasure, not on this earth, but in heaven.  Our rewards will be there and that should be our focus.  God can bless us here on earth, but our focus and passion must be heaven.  When we invest there, our hearts will be there as well.  I want my heart in heaven.  I want to live a heaven focused life.  I need to adjust priorities on earth to keep my heart on heaven.

Prayer:

Father, let me live a heaven focused life.  Help me to live for eternity and not live for the here and now.  Teach me to follow You completely and live a life that You can bless.  Enable me and empower me to bring more people into Your kingdom.  Help me to extend Your kingdom in all the earth.  Let me treasure what You treasure.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment