Thursday, January 7, 2021

Never Forgotten

 Scripture:

“Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink. God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer.”  ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭21:19-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Hagar was once again kicked out of the house of Abraham when Sarah had her child.  This time God once again took care of them.  Even though he wasn’t the son of promise and was brought into the world through wrong attempts to fulfill the will of God, God took care of Ishmael.  It says here that God was with him.  In the previous verse it said he would still become a great nation.  God didn’t give up on him because he wasn’t the son through whole the promise would come.

Application:

Even when we mess up and do things in the flesh, God still works everything together for our good when we love the Lord and are the called according to His purposes.  Even when we miss God on things, we are never forgotten.  God will take care of us, even when we have messed up.  His promises are faithful, even when we don’t do what we should.  We can trust the God will take care of us, even when we are the ones who have done wrong.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for showing me that I am never forgotten, even when I caused things to go wrong.  You are faithful to Your people!   You are amazing and I love serving You.  Help me to walk in complete obedience to You and Your will for my life.  I want to live a life of impact for You and Your kingdom.  I offer You my life, my heart, my everything.  I am yours!  You have never forgotten me and I appreciate it.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment