Friday, January 22, 2021

Blessed Eyes

Scripture:

“For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’ But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:15-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was explaining to His disciples why He spoke in parables.  A parable had the ability to explain deep truth, but if you didn’t have spiritual ears and eyes, you wouldn’t understand it.  It was to hide what He was saying so the hungry for Him would seek out the truth.  While He was explaining to His disciples He said, “But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.”  Blessed are the eyes that are open spiritually and the ears that hear beyond the words.

Application:

God wants us to be people who listen, not just with our ears, but with our spiritual ears and spiritual eyes.  He wants us to seek Him and hear what He is saying to the church.  I want to have “blessed” ears and eyes.  I want to see what God is doing and say what He is saying.  During this 21 days of prayer and fasting, my theme has been, “Open my ears Lord.”  I want to know the voice of God like the voice of my wife.  I want to hear the words within the words, like the disciples.  

Prayer:

Father, You know my heart’s cry.  I want to know You and Your will for my life every day.  I want to be one with You and clearly hear Your voice and see what You are doing.  Help me to stay in step with You and not be led by my own feelings, emotions, etc.  Open my spiritual ears and eyes that I may see.  Enable me to represent You well in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment