Saturday, January 16, 2021

God Encounters

 Scripture:

“Jacob said to Joseph, “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and there he blessed me”. ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭48:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Joseph had heard that his father was near death and he took his sons to be blessed by his father.  The first thing Jacob did as they entered their conversation was to remind his son that God Almighty had appeared to him at Luz and blessed him.  That one encounter with God shaped Jacob’s entire life and even at the end of life, that is what we see him talking about.

Application:

One encounter with God can shape your entire life.  There are times in my life where I have had God encounters that have marked me forever.  I can recall each of them with extreme detail.  One still brings tears to my eyes when I try to talk about it probably 13 years later.  People can argue your theology, but nobody can argue your encounters with God.  It bring a deep knowing that never leaves.  We need more God encounters in our lives.  I also need to continue to seek the Lord diligently and let my life not just be about a few encounters with God, but a life of God encounters.

Prayer:

Father, let me encounter You more and more.  Thank You for the times when You have touched my life in powerful ways.  Thank You for the times in Your presence when You have revealed Yourself to me.  I long for more.  I don’t want to live off of what happened many years ago, but on what You are doing today.  I long for You.  Come and move in my life during this 21 day fast.

Yours Forever, 

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment