Friday, May 31, 2019

Listen to the Wisdom of Your Elders

Scripture:

“But Rehoboam rejected the advice of the older men and instead asked the opinion of the young men who had grown up with him and were now his advisers.”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭12:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Rehoboam had a great opportunity in front of him to be blessed in every way like his father.  Blessing comes from obedience and he chose not to listen to the wise men who walked with his father.  He chose to listen to those around him who wanted him to fight for himself and promote himself.

Application:

Our flesh doesn’t generally want to walk in wisdom and do the right thing because the right thing is usually the thing that will cost you something and cause you to trust God instead of yourself.  I want to walk in wisdom and listen to those who have gone before me.  I want to glean from those who have walked with the Lord for a long time.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to listen to my elders and become wise myself.  Enable me not to be controlled by my own self-will, but to be led by Your Spirit.  Give my elders wisdom and help me to be wise enough to listen to them instead of doing my own thing.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment