Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Integrity Opens Doors

Scripture:

“But the Philistine commanders demanded, “What are these Hebrews doing here?” And Achish told them, “This is David, the servant of King Saul of Israel. He’s been with me for years, and I’ve never found a single fault in him from the day he arrived until today.””
‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭29:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David had approached Achish, the Philistine king, about why he was letting David go into battle with them, he told them that he had never found a fault in David for years.  He defended David to his own warriors because of David’s integrity.  He was found to be trustworthy by his own enemies because they could witness his integrity in the way he lived his life.

Application:

I want to live a life where people can say, “He’s been with me for years, and I’ve never found a single fault in him from the day he arrives until today.”  I want to walk in the favor of God in every are of my life.  I need to live a life that would make my very enemies trust me.  I need to be more trustworthy.  I need to stick to commitments I have made.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow through and do the things I say I’m going to do.  Teach me to live a life that is above only and not beneath.  Enable me to be more trustworthy and not make excuses, but to complete the things I say I will complete.  Let my yes be yes and my no be no.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment