Saturday, May 18, 2019

Who Am I?

Scripture:

“Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed, “Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?”
‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭7:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, David came in and sat in the presence of the Lord.  When things happened in David’s life, he always turned to the Lord.  Here, David says, “Who am I, O Sovereign Lord...that you have brought me this far?”  He understood where his many victories came from and that he didn’t deserve the favor that was on his life.

Application:

God always works with the humble who won’t take the credit, but rather give Him all the credit and those who know that apart from Him we are helpless.  God deserves the honor for any good thing that happens in my life.  It is Him that has opened doors for me.  It is Him who has favored my life.  It is He that is the source of every good thing that has ever come in or through my life.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of my highest praise and worship.  Let my life Walt Your name.  Let me live a life that honors You.  You are my victory.  You are my king.  You are my God.  You are the source of every good thing in my life.  Without You, I am nothing and have nothing.  You are incredible and have been incredibly faithful to me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment