Wednesday, May 22, 2019

My God is My Protection


Scripture:

“my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.”
‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭22:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, David has written a song to the Lord thanking Him for all He has done in David’s life.  In the song he says, God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.  He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.” David knew without any shadow of a doubt that God was protecting him in every battle.  He knew it was God who took care of him.

Application:

David was a mighty king, but he knew that without the Lord fighting on his behalf, he was nothing.  He gave all credit to the Lord for being there, fighting their battles, and protecting them.  I need to give God more honor for those things that He does for me, even the ones I may not see with my eyes.  I know He has rescued me over and over again.  He has protected me from my enemies.  He has sheltered me in His loving arms.

Prayer:

Lord, You have been good to me.  You are my protection and my defense.  You are my everything.  You have rescued me many times and You continue to amaze me.  Your ways are above my ways and Your thoughts are above my thoughts.  You deserve all honor for any good thing that has come from my life.  My life is Yours.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment