Friday, May 3, 2019

As Close As Your Heart

Scripture:

“But the faith-righteousness we receive speaks to us in these words of Moses: “God’s living message is very close to you, as close as your own heart beating in your chest and as near as the tongue in your mouth.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:8‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing about the Good News and speaks about our faith based righteousness.  He uses a quote from Moses that says, “God’s living message is very close to you, as close as your own heart beating in your chest and as near as the tongue in your mouth.”  In other words, God is not only near us as believers, but in us.

Application:

I wants God’s living message to flow through my life in every increasing measure.  I want it in my heart and on my tongue at all times.  I want to live a life that pleases my Father and that allows Him to flow freely through my life.  I want God to increase my faith every day.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in confidence.  I tend to be a works based individual who likes to work to impress or to gain acceptance.  Help me to understand more fully every day that it is not by my works, but by my faith that I am clean in Your sight.  Help me to learn more and more to walk in Your grace and to let Your life flow through me.

I Am Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment