Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Wisdom to Lead Well


Scripture:

“Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by himself is able to govern this great people of yours?””
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When Solomon was asked by the Lord in a dream what he would like, his reply is seen above.  He asked for an understanding heart to be able to govern God’s people well and to know what is right and wrong.  When he asked for the right things, he was blessed with everything else, including riches,  and honor and fame.

Application:

I need God’s wisdom to lead His people well.  I want God to give me an understanding heart to know what to do at every season in my life and leadership.  I don’t want to do what seems right to me or what I learned in a leadership book, but I want to do the will of my Father.  I want to lead with a right heart for God’s people.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, give me an understanding heart.  Show me how to lead Your people well.  Help me to do Your will and not my own.  Show me the steps to take and give me the knowledge to do the right things at the right time.  Help me to lead Your people in a way that honors You and accomplishes Your will above all.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment