Tuesday, May 21, 2019

When Victory is Turned into Sadness

Scripture:

“As all the people heard of the king’s deep grief for his son, the joy of that day’s victory was turned into deep sadness.”
‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭19:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David’s son had rebelled against him and tried to dethrone him.  David’s army defeated him and killed Absalom, which would make most kings happy.  Rather than being happy that his enemy was dead, David was in deep grief for his son and victory was turned into sadness.

Application:

Just like David, we can win all the victories in the world, but is something is wrong with our kids, it doesn’t feel like victory.  Nothing has the ability to bring us grief and sorrow more than our personal children.  I need to celebrate victories, even while I’m trusting God for things to work out better for those in my family.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more and not be discouraged about my son who is not serving You.  Help me to still celebrate the victories, even when my heart is troubled because I’m worried about him.  Let him serve You with all his heart and help me to walk in faith in the process.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment