Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Blemishes

Scripture:

“don’t let this be a blemish on your record. Then your conscience won’t have to bear the staggering burden of needless bloodshed and vengeance. And when the Lord has done these great things for you, please remember me, your servant!””
‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭25:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David was heading to kill Nabal for not sharing with his team after David’s team watched over and protected Nabal’s people in the wilderness.  Abigail, Nabal’s wife, came out to David to try to remedy the situation.  She made a very wise statement.  “Don’t let this be a blemish on your record.  Then your conscience won’t have to bear the staggering burden of needless bloodshed and vengeance.”  She let him know that his present decisions would follow him throughout his life.

Application:

We need to be cautious and think about our decisions every day.  We can’t sacrifice our future because of a poor or rash decision today.  We don’t need to walk through life with a guilty conscience.  It is a terrible way to live.  I want to live a life where I don’t have guilt or remorse for words I’ve said or things I’ve done.  I want to live pure and honest and to do the will of God at all times.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to make decisions in haste or out of emotion, but to carefully weigh out the consequences of my decisions.  Help me to do nothing that would bring You or me shame or a guilty conscience.  Let me live before You without the baggage of past poor decisions.

Yours Always,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment