Saturday, May 4, 2019

Maturity

Scripture:

“Now, those who are mature in their faith can easily be recognized, for they don’t live to please themselves but have learned to patiently embrace others in their immaturity.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:1‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is giving a discourse on eating foods and speaks about how eating certain things may offend a weaker believer.  He says that if it causes a weaker believer to struggle, we shouldn’t do it.  In this verse he says that the mature in faith can be recognized because they don’t live for themselves, but have learned to patiently embrace the immature.  Maturity says I don’t have to get my way and I can give up some of my rights for someone else.

Application:

Our culture is extremely self-serving and self-centered.  We are trained to look out for ourselves and take care of ourselves because nobody else is going to do that.  Real maturity is giving up some of my rights for someone else.  I need to love others to the point that I give up some of my rights for them.  I am to live a life that serves and thinks of others more highly than myself.

Prayer:

Lord, let me live to be a blessing to others.  Help me to be others-focused and to live a life that doesn’t demand my rights, but serves others.  I want to live as a servant who does Your will and serves those around me.

Your Son,

  • Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment