Monday, May 13, 2019

Real Friends

Scripture:

“Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God.”
‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭23:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

David had been running and hiding from Jonathon’s father, King Saul.  Jonathon found him and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God.  That’s what real friends do.

Application:

I want to be the kind of friend that encourages people to stay strong in their faith.   I want to help people live above only and not beneath.  I need to use every opportunity to strengthen, edify, and build other’s faith.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to be an encourager in faith.  Let my life never be used to tear down, but to build up.  Forgive me for the times when I have judged people instead of encouraging their faith.  Help me to build the faith of everyone around me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment