Thursday, May 23, 2019

Why I Do What I Do

Scripture:

“The message I preached and how I preached it was not an attempt to sway you with persuasive arguments but to prove to you the almighty power of God’s Holy Spirit.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

This verse has always been my theme verse for ministry.  Paul told the Corinthians that he didn’t preach to sway people with persuasive arguments, but to demonstrate the power of God.  The next verse tells us he did this so their faith would not be in the wisdom of man but in the power of God.  Paul wanted the people to encounter the power of God when he spoke.

Application:

I want the power of God in my life and in my ministry.  I don’t want people to think I am a persuasive preacher, but simply a man who knows God intimately and walks in God’s power.  I want people to encounter Christ in the power of His resurrection.  I desire people to connect with God whenever I have a chance to minister.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, fill my life to overflowing.  Work in me and through me.  Demonstrate Your power in the places You open for me to minister.  I want the name of the Lord lifted up and nobody else.  Flow in me and through me to accomplish Your will.  Help me to get out of Your way do You can move.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment