Saturday, May 25, 2019

A Disciplined LIfe


Scripture:

“A true athlete will be disciplined in every respect, practicing constant self-control in order to win a laurel wreath that quickly withers. But we run our race to win a victor’s crown that will last forever.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:25‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul compares our lives to an athlete who is disciplined in every aspect  and practices self-control in order to win a simple wreath.  He then says that we run our race to receive a crown that will never fade, but will last forever.  We should therefore be even more disciplined in our lives.

Application:

Paul tells us here that athletes are disciplined in every area of life.  I know I am disciplined in some areas of my life, but I’m not disciplined in some areas.  I feel the Holy Spirit dealing with me about self-discipline in my physical body.  I go up and down in taking care of my body.  I do really well at the gym, then fall away from the discipline.  I need to be more disciplined because I want to serve the Lord for the long haul.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live a more disciplined life.  Empower me to say no to the things I need to say no to and to do the things that may not feel good, but are good for me.  Help me to eat wiser and exercise more often.  I want to feel better physically as well and have more energy to do what You have called me to do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment