Thursday, May 16, 2019

Desiring God’s Direction

Scripture:

“After this, David asked the Lord, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?” “Yes,” the Lord replied. Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?” “To Hebron,” the Lord answered.”
‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭2:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this simple piece of Scripture, we can see David’s desire to do God’s will and to receive direction from Him.  David had just realized that Saul and Jonathon were dead, so he asked the Lord, “Should I move back to Judah?” And “Which town should I go to?”.  In this I see David’s desire to please God, even pertaining to where he would live and what town he would live in.

Application:

I want to do the will of the Lord in my life.  I often ask the Lord, but don’t get as clear of a word as I would like.  It seems here that the word of the Lord was very clear.  I want that clearness in my life so I know when to move, where to move and what to do.  I will continue to seek the Lord’s guidance.  I also understand from this that the Lord didn’t try to hold that information back, but freely gave it to David.  He is concerned with he small details of our lives.

Prayer:

Father, I have a lot of questions concerning life, ministry, family, etc.  Give me clear words of direction in every area.  I want to fulfill Your will above all else.  Show me what I’m to do each step of the way and I will do it.  Open my ears and open my eyes to Your will.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment