Thursday, May 2, 2019

His Demonstrated Love

Scripture:

“Yet even in the midst of all these things, we triumph over them all, for God has made us to be more than conquerors, and his demonstrated love is our glorious victory over everything!”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:37‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

I love the Passion Translation on this text.  Paul basically says that we can overcome any and every trial because God made us more than conquerors.  He goes on to say that “his demonstrated love is our glorious victory over everything”.  Our victory is not because we are good people or our works, but because God demonstrated His love to us.  It all centers and focuses on Him.

Application:

We are not victorious because we try harder, work harder, or are stronger, but because God demonstrated His love to us.  We are victorious because He is victorious and we have been adopted by Him.  This should cause us to praise and worship Him at a greater level.  Jesus paid the ultimate price for our salvation and obtained victory over every issue we face.  His demonstrated love brought that to us and we can step in and walk in victory.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, thank you for demonstrating Your love to the world and to me.  I am unworthy, but You have made me worthy.  Help me to walk in humility before You because You demonstrated Your love to me by sending Your Son.  Help me to live closer and closer to You.  You are my strength.  You are my shield.  You are my victory.  You give me all I need for life and godliness.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment