Thursday, May 30, 2019

Even the Desire Comes From Him

Scripture:

“May he give us the desire to do his will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that he gave our ancestors.”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭8:58‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon prayed as he dedicated the temple of the Lord.  In his prayer, he asks God to give them the desire to do his will in everything and to obey Him.  He realized that we don’t naturally have the desire to follow the Lord and honor Him.  He knew that God gives even the desire to do right.  It all comes from God.

Application:

In the Christian life, there is discipline and desire.  Discipline is good for us and has helped me through the years to stay fresh in my walk with God.  Desire is so much better than discipline.  I can’t manufacture desire.  I can’t work up desire.  It is put there because God is drawing me.  I love discipline and will always live a disciplined life, but I want desire to overrun discipline.  I want God to draw me closer and closer to Him.  I am running after Him, but I want Him to draw me at the same time.

Prayer:

Lord, insert the desire to walk with You at a deeper level in my life.  Help me to be more hungry than ever to know You and walk in Your ways.  Draw me into deeper intimacy with You.  Place the desire in my heart to not be satisfied in my relationship with You.  I want to go deeper.  Place the desire deep in my heart and let me yearn for more of You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment