Sunday, June 2, 2019

God Will Provide for His People

Scripture:

“Drink from the brook and eat what the ravens bring you, for I have commanded them to bring you food.””
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭17:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

When God’s people obey His voice, He will always take care of them.  He told Elijah to go down to a brook and crank from the brook and that He had commanded ravens to bring him food.  God is more than able to feed His people and take care of them.

Application:

My trust level in God has to go to the next level.  I trust God, but I also lean on my own understanding quite heavily.  God can command birds to bring me food if it is necessary.  If He can do that, He can pay my bills, fix things around me, and cause me to prosper without a paycheck.  He is my source and my resource, but I need to trust Hi more and more.

Prayer:

Lord God, You are incredible.  If you can feed Elijah by sending a raven, You can take care of my life.  You are my provider!  Help me to trust You more and not take things into my own hands when things get tight.  Help me to rely on You and not credit cards, etc.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment