Saturday, June 15, 2019

Favor isn’t Fair

Scripture:

“These six sons were born to David in Hebron, where he reigned seven and a half years. Then David reigned another thirty-three years in Jerusalem. The sons born to David in Jerusalem included Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon. Their mother was Bathsheba, the daughter of Ammiel.”
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭3:4-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

From reading the genealogy of David as recorded in I Chronicles, Solomon was probably about the 11th son of David in succession order.  Chronicles doesn’t exactly say this was the chronological order, but it does name his first sons who were born before he moved to Jerusalem.  Solomon was still well down the list of David’s sons, but favor was on his life.  In a king’s house, succession and birth order is everything, but not so with King David.  He broke the rules and gave favor to Solomon.

Application:

Favor isn’t fair.  When God’s favor is on someone’s life, they will experience favor that can’t be explained except that God intervened in their life.  If God can bypass 11 sons and make Solomon king after David, He can place His favor on my life and allow me to be blessed whether I deserve it or not.  God can do whatever He wants to do.  I want His favor on my life.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in Your favor and blessing every day of my life.  I want to follow You wholeheartedly.  Let my life please You and place Your hand of blessing on everything I do.  Bless my upcoming trip to Dominican Republic.  Let Your kingdom be advanced in that nation as a result of us being there.  Let Your favor be upon us for great things in DR.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment