Sunday, June 30, 2019

Trust God Over Others

Scripture:

“Amaziah asked the man of God, “But what about all that silver I paid to hire the army of Israel?” The man of God replied, “The Lord is able to give you much more than this!””
‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭25:9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Amaziah had hired 100,000 troops from Israel to help him protect Judah.  The Lord spoke to the king through the prophet and told him to send them home.  The king said, “What about all that silver I paid to hire the army of Israel?”  The man of God told him, “The Lord is able to give you much more than this!”

Application:

When we do things God’s way, we get God’s results.  When we obey the Lord instead of doing what we think will work out, He is able to give us much more than we can ask, think or imagine.  Learning to trust God over our own minds is a huge step.  I need to trust God more and more and trust myself less and less.  God’s ways don’t always make sense to us, but He knows better than us what needs to happen at all times.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust you instead of leaning on my own understanding.  Help me to obey You, even when it doesn’t make sense.  Teach me to hear Your voice clearly and do as You say on a daily basis. I want to see Your will be done in and through my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment