Friday, June 7, 2019

Almost is Not Enough

Scripture:

“But Jehu did not obey the Law of the Lord, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He refused to turn from the sins that Jeroboam had led Israel to commit.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭10:31‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had done some really great deeds in turning away from Baal worship and taking steps to honor the Lord.  He did more than most, but this verse says that almost is not enough.  Apparently, even though he was zealous for the Lord, he personally did not obey the Law of the Lord with all his heart and didn’t turn from certain sins.

Application:

Sometimes we can turn to God and “almost” do the right things with our lives.  Sometimes we make decisions, but don’t follow through.  In those cases, my intentions were pure, but I didn’t follow through on my commitment.  I need to realize that “almost” is not enough.  God wants all of my life, not some of it.  I want to live a life of full consecration and surrender, but that is easier said than done.

Prayer:

Father, help me to do Your will in the earth in my generation.  I don’t want to be an “almost” good leader.  I want to serve you well and fulfill Your plans for my life.  Before the world was created, You had a plan for my life.  Help me to find and fulfill that plan leaving nothing undone of Your plans for my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment