Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Our Capability

Scripture:

“Yet we don’t see ourselves as capable enough to do anything in our own strength, for our true competence flows from God’s empowering presence.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells us that he didn’t see himself as capable to do anything, but that his competence flowed out from God’s empowering presence. He understood that without the power of the Holy Spirit, he didn’t have what it takes to do what he was doing.  All glory went to the Lord because Paul knew without that, he couldn’t do what he needed to do.

Application:

When our competence is in ourselves, we will fail. The first sign that you are going to fail is when you think you can do your work for God in your own power.  What we do for the Lord is totally dependent on Him.  He is our source of strength and power to do what He has placed before us.  He must remain the center of all we do and our reliance must be on Him instead of ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to rely less on myself and more on You.  Teach me to walk with You and to work with You.  I want to be Your partner in serving others.  Empower me to do Your will.  Show me what that is at all times and let’s work together to build Your kingdom.

I am Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment