Saturday, June 8, 2019

Honesty and a Good Reputation

Scripture:

“No accounting of this money was required from the construction supervisors, because they were honest and trustworthy men.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭12:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

There were repairs being made to the Temple.  The priests were taking the money that was being collected and using it on themselves.  Finally, the king decided to make sure the priests were not taking anything and they put a piggy bank in the Temple.  Whatever came in went to the construction supervisors for the repairs.  They Didn’t have to account for the money because these were trustworthy men, more trustworthy than the priests.

Application:

In ministry, it is easy to feel like you deserve to be blessed.  You give a lot all the time and one can begin to feel like they are owed something.  As ministers, we must always live trustworthy lives and do what we say we are going to do.  We must have a good reputation and be trustworthy.  This is crucial.  The construction supervisor should not be more honest than the priests.

Prayer:

Father, in all my dealings, let me be honest and open.  Help me to walk in a manner that people who know me best, respect me most.  Help me to make Your name look good.  I want to represent You well.  Enable me to finish well.  Let ministry never be about money in my life.  I do ask You to bless me in every area.  Provide for me to buy a home for my family that will work for us in this expensive area.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment