Friday, June 28, 2019

Speak What God is Saying

Scripture:

“But Micaiah replied, “As surely as the Lord lives, I will say only what my God says.””
‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭18:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Micaiah was bold and prophesied some very harsh things, but he was determined not to be influenced by money, prestige, etc.  He simply wanted to honor the Lord and speak what God was truly saying.  He didn’t cave in and tell the king what he wanted to hear, but told him exactly what the Lord was truly saying.

Application:

God needs some more Micaiahs.  He needs some men and women who will stand up and declare what He is saying to our generation.  I need to be one of those that the Lord can trust with His message.  I need to declare what He is saying and not what will make me popular or build my church.  I want to be more like Micaiah who wouldn’t sell out, even if it meant death or imprisonment.

Prayer:

Father, empower me with Your Spirit to speak accurately on Your behalf.  Open my ears to hear Your voice and my eyes to see what You are doing.  Help me to follow You and Your words with all my heart and to speak what You are speaking.  Make me bold and confident when I hear from You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment