Tuesday, June 11, 2019

As Never Before

Scripture:

“Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the Lord with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭23:25‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This verse says that there was “never before” a king like King Josiah.  He turned to the Lord with all his heart and soul and strength.  It even says that there has never been one like him since.  When Josiah turned to the Lord, he totally turned to the Lord.  He destroyed every other god and brought revolution to Judah.  He passionately pursued the Lord.

Application:

Uncommon results require uncommon obedience.  Just as Josiah was a king with uncommon obedience, God is looking for those who would follow Him with uncommon obedience.  Drastic times call for drastic measures and God is looking for someone who will pursue Him with all their heart and mind and soul.  I want to be that person.

Prayer:

Father, help me to passionately pursue You and Your ways.  Help me to have the heart to please You fully and completely.  I want to serve You well in my generation.  I want to see revival in my life, my church and my region.  I want Your hand to rest mightily upon me for Your purposes in the earth.  Have Your way in my life.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment