Monday, June 10, 2019

When God Fights Your Enemies

Scripture:

“That night the angel of the Lord went out to the Assyrian camp and killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers. When the surviving Assyrians woke up the next morning, they found corpses everywhere.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭19:35‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The Assyrians had been trying to intimidate God’s people and had belittled the Lord God Almighty saying that He couldn’t rescue His people from the army of Assyria.  They boasted about their power, but God decided to show them what power really was.  When they woke up in the morning 185,000 soldiers were laying dead.  God will not be mocked.

Application:

When God decides to fight your battles, you are in good hands.  When He determines to stand on your behalf, there is no nuclear war program or military in the world that can outdo Him.  He has the power of life and death and can wipe out entire armies in a moment.  I need to trust the Lord of my life to take care of my battles.  He is more than able.  I must learn to put my trust in Him completely and to leave the battles in His hands.  He is more able than me to defeat those who rise against me.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing!  Your power is beyond comprehension.  Teach me to trust You more with the details of my life.  Let me walk with You and work with You.  You are my everything.  Defeat the power of the enemy in my life and bring Your incredible blessings into my life, my home, my family, etc.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment